At Hyatt, we believe our guests choose Hyatt because of our caring, attentive associates who are focused on delivering authentic hospitality and meaningful experiences for every guest. Hyatt is a place where high expectations are not only met, they are exceeded. It is a place of exceptional rewards, where talent opens doors to exciting challenges in the hospitality industry.
As a member of the Deputy Executive Committee, the Deputy Engineering/Facilities Manager is considered the head of the engineering department and reports directly to the Facilities Manager.
The Assistant Director of Engineering/Facilities is responsible for overseeing building maintenance operations throughout the complex, including landscaping and water features. This person should have knowledge of HVAC, refrigeration, electrical, plumbing, kitchen equipment and safety training. The Assistant Engineering/Facility Manager is responsible for providing technical and administrative assistance to the property and providing operational updates to the Facilities Manager.
· Coordinate, implement and oversee preventative maintenance programs for rooms, public areas and security systems
· Ensure prompt response and action to meet maintenance requests from guests and colleagues
· Oversee all building mechanical systems including building automation, energy and water management
· Thoroughly understand and monitor the complex’s fire alarm system, emergency evacuation procedures and disaster recovery.
· Management of all Hyatt mandated programs (i.e. Lock out Tag out, Legionella, Moisture Control, etc.)
· Participate in the management of the execution of capital projects
· Manage inventory of parts and supplies
· Focus on improving efficiency, profitability and service levels by guiding colleagues to support and practice Hyatt’s culture of care
· Recruit and develop fellow engineers while balancing the operational needs of the department
$2,000 Login Bonus Details: New employee receives $1,000 after 90 days of employment and the remaining $1,000 after 180 days of employment
Demonstrates the ability to interact effectively with people from diverse socio-economic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds
· College degree preferred in facility maintenance, certified building operator and/or a licensed trade
· At least 6 years of experience at a supervisory level or above in hotel/resort maintenance
· Knowledge of occupational health and safety standards
· Good knowledge of HVAC, refrigeration, chilled water and condenser, electrical power distribution, plumbing and drainage components
· Strong communication, organizational, problem solving and computer skills
· Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, effective communicator, effective in delivering exceptional customer service and ability to drive results
· Must be able to work weekends/holidays as required by the business