A Barry BALLERINA is about to show off her talent by embarking on a four-month tour.
Maisie French, 18, a dance student from Barry Island, is joining Ballet Central for the England tour, which will see her perform in 11 venues over four months.
Ms French was a pupil at Barry’s High Street Primary School and began her ballet training at the town’s Nicola Peros Dance Academy.
She moved to the Royal Ballet School and the Hammond School for full-time performing arts training in Chester.
She is now in the final year of a three-year professional dance and performance diploma at the Central School of Ballet in London.
Before she graduates in July, this tour will give her professional performance experience and the opportunity to work with top choreographers.
Ms French said: “After I graduate in July, I aim to work in a dance company that performs both classical ballet and contemporary works.
“I like both styles of dance and I would like to be able to perform a new and versatile repertoire.
“I’m thrilled to have the chance to continue learning throughout my dance career, touring with Ballet Central and learning new dance styles.
“During my first year at Central, I was able to work as a teaching assistant in an elementary school and would love to learn more about teaching dance in the future.”
Ballet Central, under the artistic direction of Artist-in-Residence Mikaela Polley and Artistic Director Kate Coyne, will present three new pieces this year.
Ballet Central 2022 tour dates:
- April 22: Queens Theatre, Hornchurch;
- April 25: The Hawth, Crawley;
- April 27: EM Forster Theatre, Tonbridge;
- May 16: Studio Lilian Baylis, Sadlers Wells;
- May 19: Corn Exchange, Newbury Spring Festival;
- June 9: The Crescent, Birmingham;
- June 11: Briport Arts Center;
- June 18: Chipping Norton Theatre;
- June 24: Yvonne Arnaud Theatre, Guildford;
- July 8: ADC Theatre, Cambridge;
- July 13 and 14: Britten Theatre, Royal College of Music
For more information about Ballet Central, visit www.balletcentral.co.uk