Scottsdale, Ariz. – Troon® and many of its affiliated golf facilities across the country are proud supporters of the 16e Annual Patriot Golf Days. Golfers playing at the Troon facility over Memorial Day weekend (May 27e – May 30e) will help raise funds through various golf tournaments, golf marathons and on-course competitions. As part of the Patriot Golf Days initiative, donated funds will be split equally between Folds of Honor and PGA HOPE.
Patriot Golf Day began as a grassroots fundraising initiative over Labor Day weekend in 2007, with golfers nationwide encouraged to add an extra dollar to their green fees to fund Folds of Scholarships. Honor. Over the years, the effort has grown to encompass a variety of fundraising events, tournaments and golf marathons led by PGA professionals and golfers across the country. Here are some examples of Patriot Golf Day programs at Troon-affiliated facilities this Memorial Day weekend:
- The Dunes Club in Naples, Florida will donate a portion of the proceeds from food and beverage specials during Memorial Day weekend to the Patriot Golf Days initiative.
- The Club at Sea Palms in Saint Simons Island, Georgia will collect monetary donations at a Memorial Day event with closest pin contests for guest spins and store credit.
- Kapalua Golf in Maui, Hawaii will host a “Hit the Green Challenge” on the par-3, 15e hole of the Bay Course on Monday May 30e. Golfers can donate any amount (up to $50), with funds directed to the Patriot Golf Days initiative. All guests who hit the green get double their money in golf store credit.
- The Virginian Golf Club in Bristol, Virginia will have pin-closest contests on all par 3s throughout Memorial Day weekend, with 50% of the pot going to Patriot Golf Days donations.
- World Golf Village in St. Augustine, Florida will host an all-day round of Flag golf at their Slammer & Squire and King & Bear courses on Monday, May 30e. For a $25 donation, participants will track their score throughout the round and plant their flag based on course par and handicap. The person who goes the furthest and/or plants their flag on the back fringe of the 18e hole with the most strokes remaining wins prizes. Donations will be directed to the Patriot Golf Days initiative.
- Westhaven Golf Club in Franklin, Tennessee will host Patriot Golf Days fundraising efforts throughout Memorial Day weekend. Fundraising activities begin Friday, May 27e with a “Beat the Pro, Closest to the Hole” contest for a chance to double the winnings in golf store credit. All “Beat the Pro” entries will be entered into a draw for a draw on Wednesday, June 1. Additionally, members will have the opportunity to purchase raffle tickets and make donations throughout the weekend. All fundraising efforts will end on Monday, May 30e with a “guess the number of golf balls” contest for an additional prize.
Check with your local Troon-affiliated facility for other tournaments, promotions and competitions on the Patriot Golf Days course.
About Folds of Honor
Folds of Honor is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides scholarships to spouses and children of service members who have fallen or become disabled while serving in the United States Armed Forces. Our scholarships support private school tuition or tutoring from K-12, as well as post-secondary tuition (two- or four-year college/university, technical school or trade school ). Since its inception in 2007, Folds of Honor has awarded more than 35,000 scholarships totaling more than $160 million across all 50 states. Among the students served, 41% belong to minorities. It is rated as a four-star charity by Charity Navigator and Platinum on GuideStar. It was founded by Lt. Col. Dan Rooney, the only F-16 fighter pilot and PGA Professional, currently stationed at Eglin AFB, Florida as a member of the 301st Fighter Squadron. For more information or to donate towards a Folds of Honor scholarship, visit foldsofhonor.org.
Based in Scottsdale, Arizona, Troon is the world’s largest golf management company, providing services at over 680 locations worldwide, including management of over 665 18-hole equivalent golf courses. In addition to golf, Troon specializes in the management of homeowners associations, private residence clubs, property management and associated hospitality venues. Troon’s award-winning food and beverage division operates and manages more than 630 dining establishments located at golf resorts, private clubs, coin golf courses and recreational facilities. With properties located in over 45 states and over 30 countries, Troon’s family of brands includes Troon Golf, Troon Private, Troon International, Indigo Sports, CADDYMASTER, True Club Solutions, Cliff Drysdale Tennis, Peter Burwash International, Casa Verde Golf and RealFood Hospitality, Strategy and Design. For news and additional information, visit www.troon.com.